Hi all this would be my fifth compo on cheat.NOTE!The credit goes to michelle & hwee lin 4 the inspiration.Hope ya all like it and the deletion of compos will stop!One more thing at the back of the compo got some things that are not morally right.
I stared at the question on my practice paper, racking my brains, trying to understand it but it was of no use. It was five minutes before the mathematics exam paper will be given out, and I was doing some last minute studying.The question I was doing seemed to be mocking me, challenging me to answer it. My eyes were staring hard at the question but my mind was a complete blank.I regretted not listening to Mr Tan 's explanation on how to do the question.Mathematics was my Achilles heels so,I do not like it alot but I would have a series of scoldings from my parents if I were to fail my mathematics examination.
"Everybody please put your bags outside the classroom now! No delay!" The invigilator, Mr Vincent, shouted. My heart sank.I was not prepared but I had no choice. Glancing around making sure that no one saw me, I ripped the paper with the question on it and placed it in my pocket. I then shuffled outside with my bag hoping against hope that no one had seen me.
I scanned through my mathematics paper at the same time scribbling furiously. At the start of the exam, my handwriting had been neat. Now, thirty minutes later, it had deteriorated into an untidy scrawl. After scribbling the answer for the last question in 'Section B', I turned the page, revealing my worst section in the exam paper, Section C. I read the first problem sum, pondering over it for quite some time, and work out the problem. I gave a sigh of relief as I finished the last step of the problem, and went on to the next question.
An hour later,I came to the last question of the paper.I stared at it wide-eyed not knowing how to do the question.I calmed myself down reassuring that the question must be the hardest of all the questions in section C.I looked around the class seeing if anyone knew how to do the question.I heaved a sigh of resignation when I saw that everyone was scribbling furiously on their papers.Realisation hit me like a twenty-pound sledgehammer .The question was almost the same as the question that I did before the exam!I slipped my hand into my pocket fishing out the paper that I had ripped from my practise paper paper.In an instant,I heard two voices in my head.One telling me to cheat and the other telling me not to as it is wrong.After a silent pause,I followed what the second voice said as I knew I was at the wrong.Out of the corner of my eyes,I saw someone at the front row looking around frantically as if she did something wrong.
It was Janet!Janet has a reputation of turning her friends into her slaves.She is also the most popular pupil among the whole school.She was the apple of the eye for the teachers and every pupil envys her for her beauty except me.Janet was looking around frantically as she had done something wrong.Suddenly,I saw Janet sliding her delicate hands into her pockets. My eyes were now fixed on her. She fished out a piece of note.Realisation struck me.Janet is trying to cheat like what I was about to do just now!Popular Janet is trying to cheat?It can't be.My eyes must be playing tricks on me.I turned back and saw Janet scribbling furiously on he paper while refering to the parchment of paper nestled on her knees.
Should I tell Mr Vincent?If I did,Janet will give me the cold shoulders like never before.If I did not tell Mr Vincent,Janet would continue going the wrong things and might even cheat during PSLE.Finally I made my choice.I raised my hand high up in the air.Mr Vincent gave me a stern look.He began walking towards me.Mr Vincent is known to be noctorious for being the fiercest teacher in school.The sight of him would send every pupil in the opposite direction.Evey pupil was afraid of him when they did something wrong as his thunderous voice could travel around the school when he scolded them.
"Is there something wrong?"Asked Mr Vincent in a low deep voice.I related the whole incident to him about Janet excluding the part where I was about to cheat or I would face the music."Are you sure?"Asked Mr Vincent doubtfully.I nodded my head.Mr Vincent strode across the room to Janet's table."Take out your cheating device!"Boomed Mr Vincent.Everyone jolted out of their wits.Janet took out her 'saviour' and hand it to Mr Vincent in shaky hands.Mr Vincent took Janet's 'saviour' and ripped it into pieces.Everyone gasped."Time is up!" Mr Vincent boomed.Jason our class clown said in despair,"B..B..But the time time is not up yet!"Mr Vincent acted as if he did not hear it and snatched everyone's paper.Poor Jason he did not knew that if Mr Vincent is angry he will do whatever he wants.
When the reccess bell rang,everyone began to scramble to the canteen.I walked swiftly to the canteen hopng to avoid Janet and her gang.Apparently,lady luck did not seem to be on my side."You there! Rin! Wait up"Janet shouted at the top of her lungs.I bit my lips and turned."Hello,"I said acting friendly.Instead of Janet and her gang beating me up,I recieved the opposite."Thank you for preventing me from copying.If that were to happen,I might have cheat through out my whole life,"Janet said in a friendly manner.Ever since that day,Janet and I bacame the best of friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Amabel,
You got to vary the story a bit more to improve. Always come up with your own story line but add in the beautiful phrases you have learnt. In this way, you will improve. Btw, What happened to the author in your story? I thought she was about to cheat? If she wanted to cheat, why would she tell on others?
Why would the teacher punish everyone and collect all the papers when time is not up? Only a girl cheat, not everyone right?
this is not inspiration but copying. Anyway, good job for trying.
Post a Comment