Saturday, September 27, 2008

13 Terrible days in Mount Fuji.(compo 6)Draft 2

Hi all this would be my sixth compo.The compo is inspired me from last year reader digest febuary 2007 issue but I changed the location.Btw pls look at my 5 th compo its a mixture of me alomost cheating in my exam and the other part is about a popular girl cheating.I cannot explain all so read it yourself.This compo is also written in the perspective of an adult.

Ever since a terrible plane crash,I never dare to ride a plane again.It all started when I was going to a vacation in Japan when a terrible turbulent patch occured.

"Attention all passengers,this is me your captain.Please fasten your seatbelts as we are facing a turbulent patch near Mout.Fuji,"Said the captain through the load speaker.I fastened my seatbelt and waited for further instructions.Not long later,the plane tosses about,the wings lowing up and down."Brace yourselves in case we go down!"Shouted the captain through the loud speaker.I was sitting next to the window so,I decided to look outside.I could spot a few patches of snow-white earth.I noticed that we were on Mout Fuji.By now we were gliding just above the treetops and everything appears a streak of blurred images.The plane shaked violently and came into halt.We had crashed into a tree!I was dumbfounded.

I was pinned to my seat,still shocked from the fall.Blood was oozing out of my leg.Seeing blood flowing out of my leg made me wanted to faint but I was struggling to not.When I cough,I taste fresh warm blood.As I fade in and out of my consciousness.a voice in my head says.Don't panic.Relax.I am not the only one.

When I finally got hold of myself I was freezing.The blood on my leg had stopped flowing.I was delighted when I saw that.I tried standing umpteen times but to no avail.I was left with no choice but to crawl.Out of the corner of my eyes,I saw a body in a dark red and blue uniform right up of me.Realisation hit me.It was the captain!I crawled towards the captain begging him to wake up."Captain Nick please wake up,"I begged countless times but to no avail.At then I knew Captain Nick was dead.I decided to move on.Waking anybody up if I see them.I decided crawling down the mountain.At last I saw a small cave.

For a week,I stayed at the cave regaining my health.If I was thirsty,I would rub snow in my hands turning them into water.If I was hungry,I would pull out one or two stalks of grass to satisfy my hunger.If I was cold,I need not worry that much as lucky for me,I was wearing long jeans and a wind breaker.At the eight day I was completely able to walk but my leg still has a scar.I wanted to leave the cave and continue but there was an avalanche.The avalanche was a violent one.It shake up the whole of Mount Fuji.Finally I left on the twelth day.

On the twelth day I left.I slowly hiked down the mountain careful to not make an avalanche.At dusk,I was exhausted.My energy all drained.I wanted to continue but lady luck was not shining on me.I slept throughout the whole night.

On the thirteen day I managed to get down the mountain of 'terror'.I was as happy as a lark.An ambulance arrived and brought me to the hospital.Reporters all over the world came and started to interview me."You did it!You are the only woman who have made it alive from a plane crash on Mount Fuji.A few weeks later,I was discharged and came back to Singapore feeling exhausted.I was the most famous Woman in SIngapore but my fame did not last long.

Ever since that fateful days,I vow never to take a plane again.

1 comment:

tsooc said...

Dear Amabel,

Very interesting story. Keep it up. It is very good to read widely for other stories so that you can improve on your story plot. Keep reading and experimenting. Why don't you add a little of your own plot in your next draft? You can also take note of the following:

-'The plane shaked violently and came into halt.

I was pinned to my seat,still shocked from the fall.Blood was oozing out of my arm.Seeing blood'
The portion above is too abrupt and so causes confusion in readers. We are not sure if the plane had crashed or not. Describe the crash and your feelings during the crash.

- Why can't the captain wake up? Was he dead?

Looking forward to your second draft.