Hi all this would be my 3rd compo pls feel free 2 comment if there are any mistakes!Btw one paragraph fr xin ye compo was copied but not totally.
"Wake up Rin!Wake up!"exclaimed my notorious sister-Min while shaking me,"Mum and Dad are going to work and there is no school today so that means...""Oh no...I hate barbie dolls don not make me play it"I sighed before Min could finish her sentence."Oh yes we are going to stay at home together and play barbie dolls with me,"My sister said at same time laughing.I could not insist as my sister was the apple of my paren's eyes.Suddenly,a thought struck me."Hey Min,"I said in a chirpy voice,"Would you want to go to the cinema?"Min replied in a delightful voice,"Would I?Sure,I would!"I took some money and my keys and left for the cinema with Min.
"Hi what movie would you you like to watch?"A cashier asked."I would like to watch 'Wall.E' and tickets for two,"I replied in a cheerul voice."Are you done yet Rin?You are taking way too long,"groaned Min.I took the tickets and reprimanded Min for groaning in public.I grabbed Min's hand as if she was a todller and went to the usher and gave her the ticket."What refreshments would you like Min?"I asked as I was queing up to buy my food."You know me well enough just buy it,"Min replied.After buying the food,we went in the room and settled down.I hand over Min her food and start eating.
"Erm...Rin is it me o..rr..or are there tre...tremors?"Asked Min in a shaky voice.I looked in my cup of coke and saw that there were ripples in my drink.Suddenly,the cinema began to shake violently all of a sudden.The movie came into halt.Incessant screams were ringing in everyone’s ears. Fear gripped me, were my living days coming to an end?Pandemonium broke as people were starting to flee for their dear lives.I grabbed onto Min and started to run run for my dear live.Soon I was out of the tumbling cinema but Min was out of sight."Min where are you?!"I shouted at the top of my lungs.Realistion hit me.Min must have lost grip of my hand while we were running out of the cinema.Whithout any hesitation,I made a quick dash to the door.Before I could do so,a gaurd stopped me and said that it would be dangerous for me to go in.I shouted at the gaurd saying that Min was in there and I got to save her as she is my sister.I did not care about what would happen to me I made a final dash and managed to past the gaurd.
The cinema shake even more violently now.The building began to fall.Out of the corner of my eye,I saw Min her face was nested on her knees sobbing."Min!"I Shouted again at the top of my lungs.Min looked up,poitned at me and looked as if a ghost is behind me.Suddenly,an intense pain penetrated my back and I could only make out a figure crawling towards me whick looks like Min before the last thread of consiousnous slip past me.
When I waked up all I saw was white whith many blurred figures beside me."Where am I?Is this heaven?Where is Min?"I asked out loud."No silly girl this is the hospital and I am here,"A familliar voice replied.Soon I make out the figure who replied me it was Min.The people beside Min who visited me were all my relatives.My parents came up to me and said that I pass out when I was hit by a light bulb and Min managed to grab the attention to her when the civil defence went in to searched for survivals after the earthquake.Min also added that the quake happend at the cinema as a nearby country had the earthquake too.Finally Min thanked me for going back into tha chaotic scene to find her despite the slim chances of surviving the quake.Ever since this day,me and Min became the best of sisters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Pls don't copy a whole paragraph from Xinye's earthquake compo. And you have tried to use many beautiful phrases but I must tell you the evil queen in a fairy tale is weird because so what if you had to play barbie dolls with her, you could insist not to. I why did you say in a spooky voice? But overall compo great improvement in use of beautiful phrases but practice more so you can use them more apropriately
I cannot insist cuz my sis is the apple of my parents eye if I don't listen she wil tell my parents.Next i said it in a spooky voice cuz its like I don;t noe how 2 say its just tat way
Dear Amabel,
Great effort in trying to use the beautiful phrases. Keep trying and experimenting to improve. Your story is quite logical too.
I also agree with XY on the following:
-The use of 'twenty-pound sledgehammer' and the slow spooky voice is not appropriate.
-great improvement in the use of beautiful phrases for earthquake.
-If the cinema is already tumbling, how to go back in? Good to mention that you let go of your sister's hands and asked her to follow you. then describe when you noticed that she was not following you.
- It's a bit weird that you were only hit by a light bulb when the whole building collapsed.
On the whole a good story. Keep experimenting. Looking forward to your second draft.
xin ye don so wat la copy so wat dat not your master piece and i agree with you that all females are copycats =).....
except ms tan la ....
nvm even if you copy a bit one lah, just don't copy word for word. Cheers! Very good compo
Post a Comment